Top of the list of Alghero's unmissable attractions
Definitely worth seeing at least once in everyone’s lifetime, the marine grotto offers a live experience of unique beauty and remarkable charm.
Located on the north-western ridge of the promontory of Capo Caccia between the cliffs overlooking the sea, Neptune’s Cave truly is one of nature’s most breath-taking sites in the Mediterranean.
Within a series of rooms, tunnels, ravines and passages marked by karst topography, with majestic concretions of stalagmites and stalactites, emerge the crystal clear salty waters of the lake La Marmora, considered one of the largest inner salt lakes in Europe.
From the entrance hall, the inner tourist pathway winds horizontally for a few hundred meters along a trail carved out on the inside of the cave, taking visitors up to the upper terraces within the different rooms.
It can be accessed by land only via the famous Escala del Cabirol [‘Goat’s Stairs], down the 654 steps as far as the cave’s mouth revealing the magnificent seascape overlooking where Alghero’s deep-blue sea and the sky come together in an embrace on the horizon.
In the tourist season, Neptune’s Cave can also be easily reached by sea, with various boat companies offering enjoyable daily cruises from the tourist port of the Catalan town, or, upon request only, from Cala Dragunara, a small cove located nearby in the bay of Porto Conte. Alghero Ticket pass gives you access only by land.
EU Digital COVID Certificate is required to access the Neptune's Cave. Click here to find out how to get it.
Alghero Ticket includes admission to the Cave and the guided tour.
Address: Strada Provinciale SP55 | Location: Capo Caccia
Daily Openings from 09am to 5pm [last admission] upon favourable sea conditions.
Guided Tours are scheduled every full hour and last approx. 30min.
Ensure your entry to Neptune's Cave now! Check availability and book your visit by land here.
Should you wish to access the Cave by sea, please note that booking is not required. Passengers on scheduled boats are automatically reserved a place to visit the Grotto. The cost of the ticket for the boat trip does not include admission to the Neptune's Cave.
The boat trip is operated by two private companies and authorised to dock at Capo Caccia, at the Cave’s entrance:
- Linea Grotta “Frecce delle Grotte” | Harbour of Alghero- Banchina Dogana | +39 331 722 9999 - +39 368 353 6824 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Prices: €15 adults - € 7 children over 5 - free for children under 5 years old
- Linea Grotta “Navisarda” | Harbour of Alghero- Banchina Dogana | +39 320 741 2400 - +39 079 950603 | email@example.com | Prices: €16 adults - €8 children aged 3 to 12 - €8 to €10 school groups - €13 group
Visit the city’s monuments and museums, Neptune’s Cave and the Regional Natural Park of Porto Conte with Alghero Ticket.
If you wish to visit only the Grotto, buy your ticket at the Neptune’s Cave ticket office at Capo Caccia, in the square in front of the steps. The following prices apply:
- Full price € 14,00
- Reduced price € 10,00 (over 65s, residents of Alghero, children from 7 to 14 years old, groups of minimum 25 people)
- School groups € 8,00 (nursery, primary and secondary schools -minimum 15 pupils)
- Free admission (people with a disability + 1 accompanying person, children under 7, teachers accompanying school groups, tour guides accompanying groups, teachers and scientific researchers).